I began redrafting my designs this evening, making sure to only take inspiration from the items provided. I experimented mainly with the rotation and reflection of familiar shapes, and simplifying so that they would fit well with the images within my head.
I began with experimenting with reflecting a simplified versions of familiar shapes in the items, most notably, the high heels. As I experimented further with the technique of symmetry, I noticed my sketches were developing into somewhat insect-like creations. I pursued this idea, and tried to keep away from a predictable, bipedal creation.
My next design began as a design for another, beetle-like creature, which ultimately bled into some misshapen, deformed humanoid. Even though I was attempting to keep away from designs of this style, I found the quirky, somewhat menacing tone of the image incredibly charming, and I had to continue to build upon this.