Thursday 19 January 2012

Final Scene with Matte Painting

This is my final scene, with the matte painting integrated. 


I finally settled on a brighter scene, but when I simply brightened it, it didn't really... pop. I got around this by providing the light with a yellow hue, to emulate fluorescent lighting. I feel it is a subtle change that makes quite a lot of difference in the final tone of the scene. It provides it with an unsettling, dingy feeling in a clincal, clean environment.

The matte painting has also been integrated in the doorway. The door leads out onto an alleyway, as opposed to the car park idea which I had previously dabbled with. Originally, the matte painting was going to be placed behind the windows, but as I wished to retain the reflectivity in the scene, I chose to keep the windows in place. After researching it (and even testing it out using my bedroom window), I came to the conclusion that with such a high level of reflectivity and the night time setting, realistically you wouldn't see a street, clear as day, through the windows.I reinvented the matte painting and personally, I prefer the alley idea considerably more than the previous street idea as it fits the scene in a more unique way than simply adding in the most expected idea.


The Matte Painting

Overall, I'm quite happy with my final scene. I feel quite a sense of achievement considering I've never done anything on quite this scale with Maya before, and its turned out pretty positively. 

3 comments: